Matt Miller spent the first 9 years of his career as an Air Force pilot, before entering the corporate world to work at both Abbott Laboratories and Valassis. While a top performer for both companies, his long term desire was to start a business and be his own boss. A good friend one day mentioned the gum ball machines he and his young daughters owned, and that conversation began a 10 year business quest that has brought Matt’s franchise company, School Spirit Vending, to the cutting edge of both the vending and school fundraising industries. Today, the School Spirit Vending franchise is helping professionals across the country develop more freedom and security, while supporting local schools at the same time.
In today’s interview, Matt Miller walks us through his journey from his first “ah-ha” moment to scaling his vending business to heights he never could have imagined. From the Air Force to Corporate America to now one of the fastest growing franchise systems, Matt Miller has seen and done it all…and it hasn’t always been easy. Who would have thought that by putting a $35 gumball machine into a karate studio would have started such a journey.
- [Free Master Class] The 5-Step Strategy My Clients Use to Build 7-Figure Service-Based Businesses (while putting it on auto-pilot and regaining their freedom)
- [Free Guide] – How to Pivot When You’ve Plateaued: The 6 Mistakes You MUST Avoid Before You Break Through
- Follow Matt on Twitter
- Hang out with Matt on Facebook
- Matt’s FREE E-Book for BOFF Listeners
- Book(s): Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, The E-Myth Re-visited by Michael Gerber, Grinding it Out by Ray Kroc and How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Quote: “Help enough people get what they want and you’ll be taken care of.”
- Tool: Streak
- Podcast: Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn
- Community: Iron Sharpens Iron with Aaron Walker
- Parting Piece of Advice: “Think and dream bigger. Realize a lot more is possible than you can even imagine right now.”